Saturday, June 21, 2014

New laptop making noises? Possibly hard drive?

I recently bought a new laptop, a lenovo ideapad y410p, and I've had it for about 2 weeks. Its been making a weird faint crackling noise from what I believe to be the hard drive. The fan sometimes also makes a clicking noise that clears when I run dust removal, but happens again later.

Is this normal or something to be concerned about? What can I do?
Added (1). The noise seems to be coming from the bottom part of the laptop near the touchpad. Theres a small vent like area with holes where the sound can clearly be heard when I put my ear next to it. It sounds like whirring and random crackling.

I kind of don't want to return it for a new one if i don't absolutely have to, since it takes a while to ship. Can I just replace the hard drive or something?

Read more: New laptop making noises? Possibly hard drive?