Wednesday, June 25, 2014

I get a black bar at the top of my screen on Netflix?

I have been watching movies and shows on Netflix on my laptop for a while now. Recently, whenever I try to watch something on my laptop via Netflix, once I hit "play," the screen seems to shift down an inch or two. So there's a black bar at the top of the screen where the gap is, and the bottom is cut off. This not only cuts off a portion of the picture, but it inhibits me from using any of the functions at the bottom like "play/pause" or "full screen," etc. I have Windows 8.1, my laptop is a Lenovo, it's fairly new (I just bought it August 2013). I have already cleared the cookies from my account and uninstalled and re-installed the Microsoft Silverlight Plug-In. Is there anything else I can do?

Side note: We use Netflix on our TV through the Wii, and I can play videos just fine through my Netflix account on the Wii. It's only on my laptop that there seems to be an issue.

Thank you! :)

Read more: I get a black bar at the top of my screen on Netflix?