Thursday, June 19, 2014

How to reset a windows 7 update that won't let me connect to the Internet?

I am running on a Lenovo X230 Thinkpad with an Intel Core i5-3210M processor. It has both Windows 7 Ultimate as well as Ubuntu 14.04LTS.

I recently had an automatic update while running on windows, and once the computer rebooted, none of my web browsers,(including IE) would connect to the internet. When I reboot the computer on Linux, my web browsers connect without a problem, so I know that the problem is not with my router or service provider at all.

I have tried doing a system restore several times from different restore points, all of them proved unsuccessful and reported an error with my virus protection/firewall settings, even when they have been disabled. How do I get windows to connect to the internet again? I need to download certain games on steam that are only windows compatible.

Thanks to anyone with helpful info!

Read more: How to reset a windows 7 update that won't let me connect to the Internet?