Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Good laptop with a good screen?


I'm looking for a new laptop to use for day to day browsing, as well as video streaming and photo editing. My current laptop is a Lenovo Flex 14, which I like apart from the screen. The resolution is too low and it's not as bright as I would like. It was fine before I took up photography, but now I need something with better colour accuracy and more detail.
Unfortunately, the poor screens to be a pretty standard issue for Lenovo laptops, which is a shame as my Lenovo is the only laptop I've ever had with no major problems.
On that note, I'm wary of HP and Acer, as I've owned laptops from both companies which have died with hard drive issues within 2 years of ownership.
I thought about a MacBook, but I don't personally think they're worth the money.

So in short, I need a laptop with a decent processor and high(ish) RAM (or at least the ability to configure that), with a good screen, that isn't by HP or Acer.

I refuse to go over £1000, but ideally I'd like to stay within £800, or below. Any ideas?

Read more: Good laptop with a good screen?